Which power supplies can power the IPC2?
IPC2 bundle comes with external AC/DC wall power supply, providing unregulated 10–15Vdc input voltage range, 12Vdc nominal. However, any power supply able to supply ~60W from 12Vdc source will be fine.
IPC2 serial ports
IPC2 features three RS232 serial ports, one full signal set and two other 2-wire Tx/Rx signals only.
- Port 1 (left): Serial 2-wire com port (SuperIO Controller)
- Port 2 (middle): Serial 2-wire com port (Embedded Controller)
- Port 3 (right): Serial full signal set com port (SuperIO Controller)
- Operating system can be a factor. We recommend to test the ports under Linux Mint 17 or Windows 7
- The operation can be dependent on devices connected, as the ports are not identical
- The middle port operated by Embedded Controller which is part of Intel architecture and fully under Intel control. It might not support specific devices.
- Usually 2-wire serial interface uses very basic, relatively slow and not too immune communication but it is very simple to use. Not all devices can communicate via 2-wire serial interface.
- The most reliable RS232 serial communication is the one uses full signal set or at least 4-wire, data (Tx/Rx) and flow control signals (CTS/RTS).