Fitlet2: BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step.
The following procedure suitable fitlet2 computers equipped with Intel ApolloLake processors.
BIOS update procedure
- Download and extract the AFU BIOS Updater Package. It contains the following files:
- Download and extract the fitlet2 BIOS files
- Format the USB Disk-on-Key with the FAT32 file system
- Copy the downloaded files to the formatted Disk-on-Key
- Connect the Disk-On-Key to the target unit
- Power up the target unit
- Press the DEL key during the boot until the BIOS Setup appears
- Browse to the Save & Exit menu
- Click on the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device option
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell, and after 4 seconds the automatic script will start
- The script will find the Storage Device with EFI update application
- Type the following command: flash flt2.bin
- The BIOS flashing process will start. Ignore the warning at the start of the process.
- The “FPT Operation Successful” should appear at the end of the flashing process.
- At the end of the BIOS flashing process, type the following command: reset
- The system will restart and perform the initialization process.