TEL-CANBUS technical documentation
From fit-PC wiki
- 1 Compulab part number
- 2 Description
- 3 Features
- 4 Connection requirements
- 5 Version information
- 6 Block diagram
- 7 Mechanical model
- 8 Hardware design files
- 9 Software source files
Compulab part number
TEL-CANBUS provides a CANbus interface with isolation through a DB-9 connector.
- Single CAN device
- Supports CAN 2.0A Specifications
- Supports ISO 11898-2
- Up too 1Mbit/s bit rate
TEL-CANBUS is utilizing a USB2 interface Multiple TEL-CANBUS cards can be installed in a system
- CANbus through DB-9 Connector
- Implemented using STM32F042C6 MCU
- Windows and Linux support
- Driverless operation in Windows
- USB native device in Linux
Electrical and environmental
- Isolation per UL 1577
- Transient immunity: 30kV/uS.
- Isolated DC 5V power
- Ambient Operation from –40°C to 85°C.
- Two Code implementations in one device switchable by a DIP Switch.
- Default CANable USB CDC implementation & candleLight USB device implemintation.
- DIP switch for enabling/disabling on-board 120 Ohm termination
- Upgradeable using build-in MCU bootloader and openly available tools. (Please follow update guide in GitHub)
Open source hardware and software
- Complete hardware design files are available
- Complete firmware is available
- Designed for Hacking - Easily scriptable Python SW library for easy and cross-platform communication to the device
Latest HW Version Rev 1.0
Hardware design files
Software source files
ToDo add files