IntensePC: Installing Android-x86 4.4 RC1
From fit-PC wiki
Download Android-x68 ready-to-run image
- SATA disk or USB Flash drive of at least 8GB should be used as boot media
- Download Android-x86 4.4 RC1 image
Prepare boot media on Linux
- Connect the storage device to the Linux PC
- Open Terminal window
- Run this command to figure out what device name was assigned to your storage device:
$ ls -all /dev/disk/by-id/
- Assuming your storage device was detected as /dev/sdb, write the image on it:
$ gzip -dc android-x86-4.4-rc1.8GB.dd.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdb bs=1MB
- The process takes about 10 minutes depending on your system and storage drive.
- The process doesn't show progress bar, so be patient and do not interrupt it.
Welcome to Android-x86 4.4
- Connect the storage device to the Intense PC and boot
- On first boot choose language, Google account, wireless setting, etc.