Project Android-x86 provides a complete solution for Android on common x86 platforms. You may think Android-x86 as an Android BSP of generic x86 platforms.
- This guide is valid for fitlet2
Prepare installation media
- A USB DVD-ROM drive or a USB disk of at least 1GB should be used as installation media
- Download latest Android-x86 64-bit ISO file
- To prepare Live USB disk on a Linux host you can use dd the command:
$ sudo dd if=android-x86_64-9.0-r2.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1MB
- NOTE: /dev/sdX in the command above is the device name of the target USB disk
Base installation of Android-x86
- After seconds of booting, in the initial menu select "Advanced options -> Android-x86 9.0-r2 Auto Install to specified harddisk"
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot
- Follow the standard Android-x86 setup procedure - choose language, Google account, timezone etc.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Play store, Youtube etc. work out of the box