- This application note provides a step by step guide to install USB3.0 drivers over Windows 7.
- Applicable to IPC2-Broadwell machines.
1. Install the Chipset driver before the USB3.0 driver
2. Download the USB3.0 driver
3. Extract the downloaded package
4. Run the OfflineSetup32.exe file for Windows 7 32bit or the OfflineSetup64.exe file for Windows 7 64bit
5. Follow the on-screen instructions
6. At the the end of installation process, reset the unit
7. Enter the BIOS menu by pressing the [F2] key during boot
8. In the BIOS menu browse as follows:
>Advanced >>South Bridge Configuration >>SB USB Config Menu. *set xHCI Mode to [Enabled]
9. Press the [F10] key for Save&Exit
10. When Windows boots up, open the downloaded package
11. Run the Setup.exe file
12. Follow the on-screen instructions
13. At the the end of installation process, reset the unit