Fitlet: BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 14:44, 16 December 2015 by Maxim
* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step. * Check for latest BIOS version available fitlet BIOS ROM Files and compare to BIOS Version on your fitlet.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with BIOS Updater
- Connect your USB Flash Drive to your computer and format it using FAT32.
- Download and extract Bios Updater package.
The package contains the following files:
- Copy the extracted files to the formatted USB Flash Drive.
- Download the BIOS binary file.
- Copy the flt.rom file to the root directory on the USB Flash Drive.
- Connect the prepared USB flash device to the fitlet and boot.
- Press the DEL key during boot to enter BIOS menu.
- Under Save & Exit tab, select the option “Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device”
- When the system enters the UEFI mode, type the command: flash flt and press Enter.
- The BIOS flashing process will start.
Note: At the start of the process, the system will hang for 1 minute. This is expected behavior. Please, don’t interrupt it.
- When the process ends and the prompt line appears, type the command: reset and press Enter.
- Press the DEL key during the restart and enter the BIOS menu.
- Under Save & Exit tab, select the option “Restore Defaults” and after that “Save Changes and Reset”.