Difference between revisions of "Fitlet2 Troubleshooting - I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up"
From fit-PC wiki
(Created page with "== I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up == === 1. ''Possible reason: Power supply failure'' === === Solution - Check power supply (PSU) === *Make sure the DC cabl...")
Revision as of 14:31, 17 May 2020
- 1 I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up
I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up
1. Possible reason: Power supply failure
Solution - Check power supply (PSU)
- Make sure the DC cable is not damaged and connected properly to the machine.
- Make sure the AC cord is properly plugged to both sides (Wall mounted well plugged).
- Trying an alternative adapter could eliminate bad PSU.
2. Possible reason: Memory failure
Solution - Check memory (RAM)
- Verify RAM module is seated firmly in its socket.
- Try to eliminate faulty memory sticks by swapping it with one another.
3. Possible reason: Peripherals failure
Solution - Check Peripherals (HDD/SSD/USB)
- Unplug peripherals and try to power up with bare minimum, that includes HDD/SSD/USB devices.
- Verify power up without storage. Sometimes damaged drives may cause the overall system to malfunction.
4. fitlet2 BIOS reset
Reset BIOS settings to default for fitlet2 revisions 1.2 and later:
- Unplug power cable from the fitlet2
- Remove the 4x Phillips Chassis screws
- Remove bottom and top cover
- Remove the RAM stick
- Plug in power cable (should turn on automatically), and Wait ~10 seconds
- Unplug power cable
- Assemble back the RAM stick
- Press the RTC reset button.
- Plug power cable (should be automatically turned on)
BIOS settings should be reset to defaults.
- For fitlet2 older than rev 1.2 see Fitlet2 BIOS reset for rev 1.1 and older