I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up
1. Check power supply (PSU)
- Make sure the DC cable is not damaged and connected properly to the machine.
- Make sure the AC cord is properly plugged to both sides (Wall mounted well plugged).
- Trying an alternative adapter could eliminate bad PSU.
2. Check memory (RAM)
- Verify RAM module is seated firmly in its socket.
- Try to eliminate faulty memory sticks by swapping it with one another.
3. Check Peripherals (HDD/SSD/USB)
- Unplug peripherals and try to power up with bare minimum, that includes HDD/SSD/USB devices.
- Verify power up without storage. Sometimes damaged drives may cause the overall system to malfunction.
4. fitlet2 BIOS reset
- For BIOS version FLT2.0.40.01.00 and above.
- In cases BIOS version is older, you may also try to reset BIOS blindly - Please expand the below:
Please disconnect the power core and perform the following:
1. Remove all the storage devices (internal and external).
2. Boot the system and wait for ~15 seconds to ensure the system booted to the BIOS menu.
3. Press F3 key and after that the Enter key to load the default menu settings
4. Press F4 key and after that the Enter key to save and exit
5. The system should restart and boot with default menu settings.
Reset BIOS default following the following procedure(works for SBC revisions 1.2 only):
- Unplug power cable from the fitlet2
- Remove the 4x Phillips Chassis screws
- Remove bottom and top cover
- Remove the RAM stick
- Plug in power cable (should turn on automatically), and Wait ~10 seconds
- Unplug power cable
- Assemble back the RAM stick
- Press the RTC reset button.
9. Plug power cable (should be automatically turned on)
- If the fitlet2's SBC Revision is 1.1, skip step 9 above and expand the below:
carefully unplug the RTC Battery from the 2pin connector.
- Plug power cable (should turn on automatically)
- Continue steps for revision 1.1 (RTC battery had to be disconnected):
- Shutdown the PC
- Unplug the power cable
- Plug the RTC Battery back in
- Plug Power cable
At this stage the BIOS settings should be reset to defaults.
I don't have any display output, there's nothing on the screen
1. Screen functionality and connectivity
- Make sure both power and display cables are connected firmly on both sides.
- Make sure the screen is turned On and is functioning.
- The best way to check screen functionality is by connecting to a good known working machine.
2. Validate memory
- Display issues on POST are a common symptom of incorrectly assembled or bad Memory DIMMS
- Please refer to Check memory RAM to diagnose Memory
- If your Linux system periodically fails to boot after pressing power button and messages like "watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#2 stuck for 23s!" appears, please do the following BIOS settings changes:
- Press [Del] during boot to enter BIOS settings:
- Set Chipset -> South Cluster Configuration -> SCC Configuration -> SCC SD Card Support to [Disable]
fitlet2 running Linux does not have a working audio out/SPDIF
- If your default BIOS setting "OS Selection" is set to [Windows] but [Linux] is desired, then run the following script and reboot the system
$ sudo ./fitlet2_alc1150_hda_patch.sh $ sudo reboot