Fitlet2 Errata Notes
From fit-PC wiki
(Redirected from Fitlet2 Errata notes)
- 1 FITLET2ERR001: Power button action cannot be configured in Windows 10
- 2 FITLET2ERR002: No eMMC support
- 3 FITLET2ERR003: fitlet2 does not enter S5 state (off) but only S3 state (sleep)
- 4 FITLET2ERR004: Marginal edge-connector quality in FC-PCI
- 5 FITLET2ERR005: Built in Ethernet port is disappearing on start-up
- 6 FITLET2ERR006: RS-485 half duplex not working on fitlet2 configured with FC-SCG
- 7 FITLET2ERR007: Disk errors with EB-M2SATA rev 1.1
- 8 FITLET2ERR008: Interoperability issue with some models of M.2 SATA SSD
- Date: 27-May-2018
- Symptom: Configuring Power button action through Windows 10 control panel has no effect
- Applies to: fitlet2 rev 1.1
- Cause: Erratum in power management integrated circuit
- Workaround: Control power modes from software
- Fix: Fixed in fitlet2 rev 1.2 with with BIOS version FLT2.0.40.01.00
FITLET2ERR002: No eMMC support
- Date: 2-Sep-2018
- Symptom: eMMC module is not identified
- Applies to: fitlet2 with SBC serial number 1180902-xxxxx or earlier
- Cause: Circuit of eMMC interface is not assembled on SBC
- Workaround: Use M.2 SATA storage
- Fix: Fixed in fitlet2 with SBC serial number 1180903-xxxxx and later
Note: Since Mar-2020 eMMC interface in fitlet2 is disabled.
FITLET2ERR003: fitlet2 does not enter S5 state (off) but only S3 state (sleep)
- Date: 23-Oct-2018
- Symptom: When shutting-down fitlet2 from software or by pressing the power button fitlet2 enters S3 (sleep) state instead of S5 (off) state
- Applies to: fitlet2 rev 1.1 with serial number 1180724-xxxxx or earlier
- Cause: An erratum in fitlet2 PMIC
- Workaround: Long press on power button shuts down fitlet2 completely
- Fix: A new version of PMIC used in fitlet2 with serial number 1180725-00001 and later
Note: Amber LED on power button stays on at S5. This is unrelated to FITLET2ERR003
FITLET2ERR004: Marginal edge-connector quality in FC-PCI
- Date: 6-Jan-2019
- Symptom: Devices installed on FC-PCI (Modem / SSD / Wi-Fi adapter / mini-PCIe card) may malfunction. There is no record of permanent damage to devices installed on FC-PCI
- Applies to: fitlet2 with FC-PCI rev 1.0
- Cause: Marginal quality of FC-PCI edge connector
- Workaround: Covered under warranty. Compulab will replace FC-PCI FACET Cards exhibiting errors
- Fix: Compulab redesigns FC-PCI FACET Card (rev 1.1) to improve edge connector's quality
Note: The problem is specific to FC-PCI and does not apply to other FACET Cards
FITLET2ERR005: Built in Ethernet port is disappearing on start-up
- Date: 28-Apr-2019
- Symptom: One of the built in Ethernet ports is disappearing on start-up.
- Applies to: fitlet2 configured with either - FC-PCI Rev1.0-1.1, FC-CEM Rev1.0, FC-POED Rev1.0.
- Cause: In FC-PCI Rev1.0-1.1, FC-CEM Rev1.0 and FC-POED Rev1.0 rails 3.3V_A and 3.3V_S are connected in way which affects power sequencing. As a result, in rare cases on-board Ethernet controller's reset is released before PCI bus initialization is complete which results in Ethernet controller being unrecognized.
- Workaround: None
- Fix: Fix applied to FC-PCI Rev1.2, FC-CEM Rev1.1, FC-POED Rev1.1.
FITLET2ERR006: RS-485 half duplex not working on fitlet2 configured with FC-SCG
- Date: 28-Apr-2019
- Symptom: RS-485 half duplex is not working on fitlet2 configured with FC-SCG.
- Applies to:fitlet2 configured with FC-SCG Rev1.0
- Cause: In FC-SCG Rev1.0 the TXDEN signal that controls RX/TX direction is disconnected. As a result RS485 half-duplex does not function.
- Workaround: None
- Fix: Fix applied to FC-SCG Rev1.1
FITLET2ERR007: Disk errors with EB-M2SATA rev 1.1
- Date: 11-SEP-2019
- Symptom: fitlet2 with a 2.5" hard disk / SSD connected through EB-M2SATA fails to boot or exhibit other disk related errors.
- Applies to: fitlet2 with EB-M2SATA Rev1.1 adapter.
- Cause: Marginal SATA signal quality in EB-M2SATA.
- Workaround 1: The problem was observed with some hard disks and SSD's. See this list for validated hard disks and SSD's.
- Workaround 2: According to Compulab's tests, forcing SATA interface to SATA2 300MHz and not allowing SATA3 600 MHz resolves the problem; A BIOS version with SATA2 forced is available - HERE
- To install, follow the fitlet2 BIOS update manual
- Fix: Fixed in EB-M2SATA Rev 1.3 expected to be available now (since Jan-2020).
FITLET2ERR008: Interoperability issue with some models of M.2 SATA SSD
- Date: 5-MAR-2020
- Symptom: Inconsistent behavior of M.2 SSD. e.g. fitlet2 fails to identify an SSD (permanently or intermittently)
- Applies to: fitlet2 with M.2 SSD of specific models. See SSD compatibility matrix for details
- Cause: fitlet2 implements eMMC interface on M.2 key-M unused pins. The same pins are sometimes used for vendor specific functionality in some SSD models. This can lead to unexpected behavior of these SSDs
- Workaround: Opt for a validated SSD | insulating M.2 SSD pins
- Fix: fitlet2 volume orders placed after 5-Mar-2020 will be supplied with the eMMC interface disconnected. As of Mar-2020 Compulab is researching the problem. If additional solutions are found this erratum will be updated.