Fitlet2 BIOS reset for rev 1.1 and older
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 08:04, 17 May 2020 by Irads (Created page with "*For BIOS version FLT2.0.40.01.00 and above. Reset BIOS default following the following procedure for SBC revisions 1.1: #Unplug power ca...")
- For BIOS version FLT2.0.40.01.00 and above.
Reset BIOS default following the following procedure for SBC revisions 1.1:
- Unplug power cable from the fitlet2
- Remove the 4x Phillips Chassis screws
- Remove bottom and top cover
- Remove the RAM stick
- Plug in power cable (should turn on automatically), and Wait ~10 seconds
- Unplug power cable
- Assemble back the RAM stick
- Carefully unplug the RTC Battery from the 2pin connector
- Plug power cable (should turn on automatically)
- Shutdown the PC
- Unplug the power cable
- Plug the RTC Battery back in
- Plug Power cable
At this stage the BIOS settings should be reset to defaults.
- In cases BIOS version is older, you may also try to reset BIOS blindly:
Please disconnect the power core and perform the following:
- Remove all the storage devices (internal and external).
- Boot the system and wait for ~15 seconds to ensure the system booted to the BIOS menu.
- Press F3 key and after that the Enter key to load the default menu settings
- Press F4 key and after that the Enter key to save and exit
- The system should restart and boot with default menu settings.