Fitlet-T BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 12:52, 10 November 2019 by Leonid
* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step. * Check for latest BIOS version available fitlet-T BIOS ROM Files and compare to BIOS Version on your fitlet.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with BIOS Updater
- Connect your USB Flash Drive to your computer and format it using FAT32.
- Download and extract Bios Updater package.
The package contains the following files:
- Copy the extracted files to the formatted USB Flash Drive.
- Download the BIOS binary file.
- Copy the flt.rom file to the root directory on the USB Flash Drive.
- Connect the prepared UFD to the target unit and power up
- Press the DEL key during the boot until the BIOS Setup appears
- Browse to the Save & Exit menu
- Click on the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device option
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell, and after 4 seconds the automatic flash process will start.
Note: At the start of the process, the system will hang for 1 minute. This is expected behaviour. Please, don’t interrupt it
- At the end of the flashing process, remove the UFD, type the command reset and press the Enter key
- Press the DEL key during the restart and enter the BIOS menu.
- Under Save & Exit tab, select the option “Restore Defaults” and after that “Save Changes and Reset”.