From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 14:02, 31 July 2014 by Irads (Created page with '1. Fit-PC4 BIOS reset: ::a. Power down the PC and unplug the power cable. ::b. Open the service door (by screwing out one bolt) and remove it (with the storage). ::c. Remove the ...')
1. Fit-PC4 BIOS reset:
- a. Power down the PC and unplug the power cable.
- b. Open the service door (by screwing out one bolt) and remove it (with the storage).
- c. Remove the memory SO-DIMM modules.
- d. Reset the BIOS by shorting two test points (TP40 and TP41) for 3 seconds located between memory slots close to an edge, as shown in the picture below.
- e. Install back the memories + the storage with the service door.
- f. Plug the power and power up the PC.
2. Using single RAM memory module with fit-PC4:
- Issue: When single RAM memory module being used on inner memory SO-DIMM slot (P6) it may cause the system not to pass memory initialization process.
- Fix: In case single RAM memory module being used, it should populate the SO-DIMM slot closer to an edge (P7) of the PCB.
3. Try to answer the following questions:
- a. Are you able to power up without storage?
- b. What type of storage being used in terms of RPM (in case of HDD)?
- Note that 7200rpm drives are not recommended due to lower power nature of the PC, as such drives used to overload the machine. 5400rpm drives at maximum must be used.