Prepare installation media
Base installation of Linux Mint 13
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot.
- Login using previously selected username and password.
ATI Catalyst video driver
- fglrx is a proprietary ATI Catalyst video driver that provides XvBA (X-video Bitstream Acceleration) support.
- Install fglrx driver and other required utilities with the command below:
sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates xvba-va-driver vainfo
- Note: system reboot is required after the installation of the fglrx driver.
XBMC with XvBA
- XBMC is a well-known free and open source media player and entertainment hub for digital media.
- The XBMC-XvBA repository provides XBMC PVR builds with direct XvBA support.
- Add the XBMC XvBA repository and install the media player:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-eden
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
- XBMC will support HW video acceleration out of the box.
RTL8723AE Wi-Fi driver
- fit-PC3 devices can be assembled with the RTL8723AE PCIe chip which is not supported by mainline kernel yet.
- If you do fresh install please use rtlwifi-dkms_0007.0809.2012.deb driver.
- Compulab's Linux Mint shipped with this driver already installed.