Which power supplies can power the IPC2?
IPC2 bundle comes with external AC/DC wall power supply, providing unregulated 10–15Vdc input voltage range, 12Vdc nominal. However, any power supply able to supply ~60W from 12Vdc source will be fine.
What are power capabilities of IPC2 USB ports?
Each VBUS pair supplied via onboard power switch with current limit settings of 2.1A, meaning either each VBUS capable sourcing up to 1.05A in case two bus powered devices connected, or sourcing 2.1A in case single bus powered device connected.
Digital Display Interfaces
IPC2 features 3 digital display interfaces, 2x HDMI and 1x DisplayPort, capable driving 3 independent displays up to 4K resolution. During boot stage 2 of 3 displays are active, and can be set in BIOS. Default outputs are HDMI1 and HDMI2. When OS has been loaded the third display become operational as well.
- DisplayPort is not multiplexed with HDMI port on the silicon therefore only active adapter will work for DP-to-HDMI conversion
IPC2 serial ports
IPC2 features three RS232 serial ports, one full signal set and two other 2-wire Tx/Rx signals only.
- Port 1 (left): Serial 2-wire com port (SuperIO Controller)
- Port 2 (middle): Serial 2-wire com port (Embedded Controller)
- Port 3 (right): Serial full signal set com port (SuperIO Controller)
- Operating system can be a factor. We recommend to test the ports under Linux Mint 17 or Windows 7
- The operation can be dependent on devices connected, as the ports are not identical
- The middle port operated by Embedded Controller which is part of Intel architecture and fully under Intel control. It might not support specific devices.
- Usually 2-wire serial interface uses very basic, relatively slow and not too immune communication but it is very simple to use. Not all devices can communicate via 2-wire serial interface.
- The most reliable RS232 serial communication is the one uses full signal set or at least 4-wire, data (Tx/Rx) and flow control signals (CTS/RTS).
Intel I218V and Intel I211-AT driver solution for Windows Server 2012 R2
Does IPC2 support pfSense?
pfSense works well on IPC2.