Airtop3 application note - reducing acoustic noise
Airtop3 is producing audible noise, can I reduce it?
- With the voltage changes, the capacitors vibrate from Piezoelectric forces causing them to make audible noise.
- The main source for this noise are from the power circuits of both the CPU and internal GPU.
- Disabling C-state should reduce noise from the CPU's power circuit:
1. Activate development setup items of the setup menu:
# While in splash screen, press [F11] (instead of Delete) in the keyboard. # Go to 'Advanced' tab -> 'Setup items availability' (first item in Advanced tab) -> Choose 'Development'. # Now a full setup menu is open, including options that can impair the Airtop3 stability or functionality, and items that were not checked or don't work.
2. In 'Advanced' tab -> 'Power & Performance' -> 'CPU -Power Management Control' -> 'C states' -> Choose 'Disabled' 3. Back to the tabs menu (2x [Esc] button) -> 'Save & Exit' tab -> 'Save Changes And Exit' -> 'Yes'.
- Using a Discrete GPU should reduce the noise from the GPU power circuit