- See what is BIOS
- Airtop based on Phoenix Technologies BIOS.
- BIOS can be accessed by pressing F2 during power up cycle.
- For BIOS reset instructions refer to Airtop troubleshooting
The screen provides date, time and boot features settings, as well as basic system information:
- BIOS Version: TBD
- Build Time: DD/MM/YYY
- Processor Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5775C CPU @ X.X GHz
- Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz (example)
- System Memory Speed: 1600 MHz (example)
- L2 Cache RAM:
- Memory Channel A Slot 0: 4096 MB (DDRIII-1600) (example)
- Memory Channel B Slot 0: 4096 MB (DDRIII-1600) (example)
- NumLock: Selects Power-on state for NumLock - Off/On
- Timeout: Number of seconds (1-99) that P.O.S.T. will wait for the user input before booting.
- Quick Boot: Enable/disable quick boot.
- Diagnostic Splash Screen: If you select 'Enabled' the diagnostic splash screen always displays during boot. If you select 'Disabled' the diagnostic splash screen does not display unless you press HOTKEY during boot.
- Diagnostic Summary Screen: Display the Diagnostic summary screen during boot.
- UEFI Boot: Enable the UEFI boot.
- Legacy Boot: Enable the Legacy boot.
- Boot in legacy video mode: Enable to force the display adapter to switch the video mode to Text Mode 3 at the end of BIOS POST for non-UEFI boot mode (Legacy Boot). Some legacy software such as DUET requires that the BIOS explicitly enter text video mode prior to boot.
- Load OPROM: Load all OPROMs or on demand according to the boot device.
The section provides advanced system features and functionality settings.
Warning: For advanced users only. Setting items to incorrect values may cause system to malfunction.
- Select Language: Several BIOS interface languages
Processor and PCH signatures (example numbers):
- Family: 5th Gen Intel Core Processor
- CPU REV.:
- PATCH ID:
- CORE FREQ.: 3.30 GHz
- L1 Cache:
- L2 Cache:
- L3 Cache:
- PCH TYPE: LynxPoint
- PCH REV.:
- PCB REV.:
- Active Processor Cores: Number of cores to enable in each processor package.
- Intel(R) HT Technology: When Disabled only one thread per enabled core is enabled.
- Enabled XD: Enabled Execute Disabled functionality. Also known as Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Limit CPUID maximum values: When set to enable, this causes the cpuid to return a maximum value of 3.
- Enable for BIST: Enable/Disable BIST (Built-In Self Test) on reset.
- Machine Check: Enabled processor Machine Check feature (disable only for test).
- Intel(R) Virtualization Technology: When enabled, a VMM can utilize the additional hardware capabilities.
- Intel(R) Streamer Prefetcher: Enable/Disable MLC streamer prefetcher.
- Intel(R) Spatial Prefetcher: Enable/Disable MLC spatial prefetcher.
- Spread Spectrum Clock: Enable clock Spread Spectrum feature. Recommended to keep disabled
- PCIe SR-IOV Support: Set IO Virtualization
- Turn Off unused PCI/PCIe clocks:
- Disabled - all clocks turned On
- Enabled - clocks for empty PCI/PCIe slots will be turned off to save power, especially for EMI test.
Platform must be powered off for changes to take effect.
Set hard drive and controller configuration:
- SATA Device: Enable/Disable SATA device.
- Serial ATA Port i:
- Port Enable: Enable/Disable port i
- External Port: Configure the system to treat the port as internal or external
- SATA Device Type: Select 'Solid State Drive' only if SSD device is connected to port i
System Agent (SA) Configuration
Displays and provides options to change the SA settings
- Intel(R) VT for Directed I/O (VT-d): Enables/Disables Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) by reporting the I/O device assignment to VMM through DMAR ACPI tables
- Graphics Configuration: Graphics Configuration menu
- DVMT Pre-Allocated: Select pre-allocated graphics memory size used by the internal graphics device - 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB.
- IGD Configuration:
- IGD - Boot Type: Select the primary video device activated during boot - DisplayPort, HDMI1, HDMI2
- IGD - Secondary Boot Type: Select the secondary video device activated during boot - HDMI1, HDMI2
- IGD - Panel Scaling: Select the LCD panel scaling option - Auto, Force Scaling, Off
- Spread Spectrum Clock Chip: Hardware - Spread is controlled by chip, Software - Spread is controlled by BIOS
South Bridge Configuration
Set hard drive and controller configuration:
- SMBUS Device: Enable/Disable SMBUS device
- Enable CRID: Enable compatible revision ID
- State After G3: Specify what state to switch to when power is re-applied after a power failure (G3 state).
- State S0 - Active
- State S5 - SW Off
- mSATA-PCIe: Switched between SATA and PCI Express interface on the full size mini PCIe slot.
- SB PCI Express Config:
- PCI Express Root Port Clock Gating: Enables/Disables PCI Express Root Port Clock Gating
- DMI Link ASPM Control: The control of Active State Power Management of DMI link
- DMI Link Extended Sync Control: The control of Extended Sync of SB side of the DMI link
- PCI Express Port i Config: Control the PCI Express Root Port i
- SB USB Config: Enables/Disables USB Port
- SB Azalia Config
- Azalia: Control detection of the Azalia device
- Azalia PME Enabled: Enables/Disables PME for Azalia
- SB Security Config
- GPIO Lockdown: Enable/Disable the PCH GPIO lockdown feature
- RTC Lock: Enable will lock bytes 38h-3Fh in the lower/upper 128-byte bank of RTC RAM
- BIOS Lock: Enable/Disable the PCH BIOS lock enable feature. The whole BIOS region is not writable
- SMM Lock: Enable/Disable SMM lock feature. It will lock the SMRAM and unable load SMM driver any more.
- Watchdog: Enable/Disable Watchdog
- PCH Internal LAN: Enable/Disable PCH internal LAN
- LAN OPROM Selection: This is used to select LAN OPROM for quick boot minimal configuration
- Wake on PCH LAN: Enable PCH internal Wake on LAN capability at Moff
- ASF Support: Enable/Disable alert specification format
SuperIO settings conrtol:
- Onboard UART1: Enabled always
- Onboard UART2: This option controls the onboard UART2 address. When enabled UART2 uses address 0x2F8 and IRQ 3
- Onboard UART3: This option controls the onboard UART3 address. When enabled UART3 uses address 0x3E8 and IRQ 4
Configure Active Management Technology parameters:
- Intel AMT:
- AMT Wait Timer:
- SOL Terminal Type:
- Enter Intel MEBx Setup:
- Un-Configure ME:
- Hide Un-Configure ME Confirmation:
- USB Provision:
- MEBX Resolution Settings:
- Non-UI Text Mode resolution:
- UI Text Mode resolution:
- Graphic Mode resolution:
Configure Management Engine Technology parameters:
- ME FW Version 22.214.171.1248
- ME Firmware Intel ME 5MB firmware
- Intel ME:
- Intel AT:
- ME FW Downgrade:
- ME IFR Feature:
Thermal control sub-menu:
- CPU Thermal Configuration:
- Bi-directional PROCHOT#:
- PROCHOT# OUT:
- PROCHOT Response:
- Disable VR Thermal Alert:
- ACPI 3.0 T-States:
Configure different security settings.
Set boot order priorities.
The exit screen provides options to save or discard changes before exiting BIOS.