Airtop: Installing Linux Mint 20
From fit-PC wiki
- This guide is valid for Airtop, Airtop2, Airtop3
Prepare installation media
- A USB Flash drive of at least 2GB should be used as installation media
- Download Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana" - Cinnamon (64-bit)
- For installation with a USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial
LiveUSB installer crash on Quadro RTX 4000
- In case your machine is configured with Quadro RTX4000 and experience crashes/freezes while LiveUSB installer running, please expand and follow the below:
- To perform boot into "Safe Graphics" mode, add "nomodeset" parameter to the kernel boot line:
- Power-on the Airtop3 with LiveUSB installer
- Boot menu will appear, default entry will be "Start Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon 64-bit"
- Press [e] to enter edit mode
- Add "nomodeset" after the "splash", the end of line will look like "quiet splash nomodeset --"
- Press [F10] to continue the boot
- You will need to add "nomodeset" option once again, after base installation of Linux Mint and reboot
- The problem will disappear after installing Nvidia graphics card drivers
Base installation of Linux Mint
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot.
- Login using previously selected username and password.
- To install I3M Linux Daemon on Airtop, please expand and follow the below:
- Download I3M monitoring tools:
$ sudo wget https://fit-iot.com/files/download/airtop/sw/I3M/Linux/airtop-fpsvc -O /usr/local/sbin/airtop-fpsvc $ sudo wget https://fit-iot.com/files/download/airtop/sw/I3M/Linux/gpu-thermald -O /usr/local/sbin/gpu-thermald
- Create file /etc/rc.local with the following content:
#!/bin/bash modprobe i2c-i801 sleep 1 /usr/local/sbin/airtop-fpsvc /usr/local/sbin/gpu-thermald exit 0
- Make it executable:
$ sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local
- Ensure airtop-fpvsc panel is working
$ sudo /etc/rc.local * Reboot, ensure airtop-fpvsc panel is working <pre> $ sudo reboot