Airtop: Installing Linux Mint 20
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 10:11, 22 July 2020 by Denis (Talk | contribs) (→LiveUSB installer crash on Quadro RTX 4000)
- This guide is valid for Airtop, Airtop2, Airtop3
Prepare installation media
- A USB Flash drive of at least 2GB should be used as installation media
- Download Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana" - Cinnamon (64-bit)
- For installation with a USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial
LiveUSB installer crash on Quadro RTX 4000
- In case your machine is configured with Quadro RTX4000 and experience crashes/freezes while LiveUSB installer running, please expand and follow the below:
- To perform boot into "Safe Graphics" mode, add "nomodeset" parameter to the kernel boot line:
- Power-on the Airtop3 with LiveUSB installer
- Boot menu will appear, default entry will be "Start Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon 64-bit"
- Press [e] to enter edit mode
- Add "nomodeset" after the "splash", the end of line will look like "quiet splash nomodeset --"
- Press [F10] to continue the boot
- You will need to add "nomodeset" option once again, after base installation of Linux Mint and reboot
- The problem will disappear after installing Nvidia graphics card drivers
Base installation of Linux Mint
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot.
- Login using previously selected username and password.