Airtop: Installing Linux Mint 18
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 13:28, 28 July 2016 by Denis (Created page with "== Prepare installation media == * A USB DVD-ROM drive or a USB Flash drive of at least 2GB should be used as installation media * Download [http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.p...")
Prepare installation media
- A USB DVD-ROM drive or a USB Flash drive of at least 2GB should be used as installation media
- Download Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - Cinnamon (64-bit)"
- For installation with a USB DVD-ROM - flash the downloaded image directly onto a DVD
- For installation with a USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial
Base installation of Linux Mint
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot.
- Login using previously selected username and password.
Intel & Nvidia graphics drivers
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install i965-va-driver vainfo nvidia-361 vdpauinfo mesa-vdpau-drivers vdpau-va-driver --install-recommends
- The integrated interactive information monitor (I3M) is a GUI system integrated in the front panel of Airtop
- You need to install the airtop-fpsvc service that provides system information to the front panel
- Please note, the package adds "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" string to the kernel boot line, and the Airtop must be rebooted after installation
- Now you can navigate through menus between multiple screens of the I3M that display system information, temperatures, power consumption and notifications