Airtop3 I3M firmware update
From fit-PC wiki
Download Airtop3 I3M firmware update image
Preparing a bootable USB flash device on Windows
- Unzip the image to obtain the i3mrescuedisk image.
- Download the Passmark ImageUSB application
- Run the imageUSB.exe file.
- Select the destination USB drive.
- Select the 'Write image to USB drive' option.
- Select the i3mrescuedisk file.
- Click the 'Write' button to begin the image flashing.
WARNING: The contents of the selected drive will be replaced. It will cause destruction of the previous data and possible loss of capacity.
Preparing a bootable USB flash device on Linux
- Unzip the image to obtain the i3mrescuedisk image. This can be done with the command: unzip i3mrescuedisk.zip
- Plug a USB drive into a Linux workstation. The OS will detect and name the drive something like /dev/sdX. You can use the following command to get the name of the USB drive: dmesg | tail
- Write the i3mrescuedisk image to the USB drive using dd command: dd if=i3mrescuedisk of=/dev/sdX; sync
Updating the firmware
- Power off Airtop3 and unplug the power supply.
- Plug the prepared USB drive into the target Airtop3.
- Hold the left and right buttons on the I3M and plug in the power supply. Keep holding the buttons until the I3M reports it is in bootloader mode.
- Reboot and enter BIOS menu by pressing [F2] repeatedly upon startup
- Navigate to boot tab and [Enable] UEFI internal shell
- Navigate to Save&exit tab to save changes & exit.
- Upon reboot, enter the boot menu by pressing [F7] on startup.
- Select UEFI Internal shell. The system will boot into the I3M recovery tool.
- Wait until the recovery tool reports: "Front panel firmware was updated successfully!".
- Press Enter to reboot.