AMD: Installing Linux Mint 18
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 11:27, 31 July 2016 by Denis (Created page with "== Supported devices == * This guide is valid for fit-PC3, fit-PC3i, fit-PC4 == Prepare installation media == * A USB DVD-ROM drive or a USB Flash drive of at least 2GB shoul...")
- This guide is valid for fit-PC3, fit-PC3i, fit-PC4
Prepare installation media
- A USB DVD-ROM drive or a USB Flash drive of at least 2GB should be used as installation media
- Download Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - Cinnamon (64-bit)"
- For installation with a USB DVD-ROM - flash the downloaded image directly onto a DVD
- For installation with a USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial
Base installation of Linux Mint
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot.
- Login using previously selected username and password.
Radeon open-source graphics drivers
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vdpau-va-driver vdpauinfo mesa-vdpau-drivers libvdpau-va-gl1 xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu libdrm-amdgpu1 sudo cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/ sudo ln -s vdpau_drv_video.so radeonsi_drv_video.so sudo ln -s vdpau_drv_video.so r600_drv_video.so