wish list

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
pascal

wish list

Post by pascal »

Nice small box... ;)
Before the wish, first, the good things you should keep: fanless and low-power consumption.
Now, about my wish, first how I will use it: either as 24/24 server, either as a minipc which can be put everywhere in the house (monted behind an lcd display) or which can travel in the car etc...
- For the first usage, to be able to have two HD inside can be nice (RAID). 2.5 inches are perfect (ssd or not)

For both usage, usb 3.0 or esata are a plus (anyway, usb 3.0 will slowly replace usb 2.0)
Another plus is to have maybe the chassis looking more like an heatsink (less flat stuff) in order to have a better cooling. I do not care so much if the box is little bit bigger, but I care about the temperature inside.

And why not to have a small lcd screen (like a 4 row like some appliance), just to display some messages (like "you've got a email" or weather forecast)

irads

Re: wish list

Post by irads »

Good feedback, thanks!
Note there is an external heatsink accessory.
We recognize USB3 as a desirable feature. I am not sure about integrating character LCD due to software hassle.

pascal

Post by pascal »

Yes, I saw the optional heatsink.

For the external lcd, it's just an idea and I'am pretty sure that users who wants such thing can do it. Or maybe as an accessory which can be fit on it (just need 2 screws and a small usb cable)

Thansk for the reply

fly

Post by fly »

- For the first usage, to be able to have two HD inside can be nice (RAID). 2.5 inches are perfect (ssd or not)
Three problems: space, heat, io port
For both usage, usb 3.0 or esata are a plus (anyway, usb 3.0 will slowly replace usb 2.0)
Well, those will have to wait imho. On SCH US15W we don't even have native SATA support. USB3 is in most cases implemented on a 3rd party companion chip, even on desktop chipsets, which will raise power consumption. I agree, those features would be quite nice to have , but i doubt we will see it on the Z500 or Z600 generation. But consumer cpu are getting to neat power levels, too. So let's see, what the future is up to :)
Another plus is to have maybe the chassis looking more like an heatsink (less flat stuff) in order to have a better cooling. I do not care so much if the box is little bit bigger, but I care about the temperature inside.
There is an addon heatsink available. Problem with incorporating this into the main product is, that you lose the ability to mount it on special rigging systems.
And why not to have a small lcd screen (like a 4 row like some appliance), just to display some messages (like "you've got a email" or weather forecast)
Again, makes sense in special ocations, but I doubt the general public would see any benefit of this.

Return to “Wish list”