VGA output

Discussions about fit-PC2 accessories
yogev_ezra

Re: VGA output

Post by yogev_ezra »

Benjamin,
Thanks a lot for your answer! But there is a power socket in the HDfury to plug in power cord, right? In case I decide to plug power adapter...

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

Yep, there's a power-in socket on the side - see

http://www.media-halle.de/shop/catalog/ ... 5B1%5D.jpg

(it's the little hole on the side).

flosspike

Post by flosspike »

Hi, Can anyone help. I'm fairly new at linux but already hooked. I'm keen to get my fit2pc into my van which already has a vga monitor and suitable amplifier installed. I purchased the usb2UGA adapter straight from Anders and after a bit of a fight managed to get a picture on the screen. there is 3 commands as detailed on the installation disc the 3rd is some sort of test resulting in output. However, I haven't yet discovered how to make the desktop output to the vga adapter. The driver is by "displaylink" can some one kindly nudge me in the right direction. Thanks.

xlthim

Post by xlthim »

I have one of these driving a "2nd" display.
When my FIT-pc comes up, it is sending all the boot up visuals to the DVI port. I run Windows XP, and I do not see anything on my 2nd display until Windows have completely loaded.

Using this completely screws up my primary settings. If I plug my HDMI cable in, my settings are 640x480 and 4bits of color.

I have my 2nd display "extended" and this seems to help.

You said Linux so I'm not sure if this info even helps. Is it command line Linux, or GUI linux?

flosspike

Post by flosspike »

Unbuntu 8.04 Hardy GUI, basically what was preinstalled.

JimFouch

Post by JimFouch »

I have a fit-PC2 that I purchased a few weeks ago. I'm working on creating a very small portable application and need to use a small VGA 5" - 7" display. I ordered an HD Fury and when I hook it up using the fit-PC2 to two different monitors I get a display that replaces all the white pixels with a light purple. It doesn't seem to do this on larger VGA displays. I have also used my Asus 1201N (which also has a HDMI output) and got the same purple problem.

I have tried adding the 5V supply and that does not make a difference.

I have driven both small VGA monitors with a standard VGA port and they display perfect color using straight VGA.

I'm running Windows 7 on both the Fit-PC2 & Asus. I have tried several different resolutions. These small monitors have a native resolution of 640x480 and the 800x480, but both will scale to 800x600 or 1024x768.

I'm contemplating on ordering the newer HD Fury 2, but don't want to spend the $150-$200 when others say the HD Fury 1 works with the Fit-PC2.

Any suggestions?

Return to “fit-PC2 accessories”