PixieLive Linux on Fit-PC

VG7

PixieLive Linux on Fit-PC

Post by VG7 »

Has anyone tried PixieLive Linux (http://www.pixielive.org) on fit-pc2? It has built-in support of GMA500 (poulsbo) video acceleration.

fly

Re: PixieLive Linux on Fit-PC

Post by fly »

I didn't test it myself, but over the ubuntu forum thread discussing the gma 500 problems and community patches to the driver, someone tried it:
I created a live-usb. Performs good in general, very responsive. Brightness keys work, although I suspect its a software workaround to make brightness-applet be controlled by those (should it affect bios instead if it worked properly?), suspend basically works but not perfectly. I wouldn't call it a distro to stick with, at the moment due to its mobile characteristics. I couldn't find a way to install extra software, don't know if it's just me as I don't have experience in Gentoo (on which it's based). Couldn't play video either. But it's a good, quick (it's Atom-optimized), portable OS. However (someone of the guys maintaining the psb drivers could confirm this), I don't expect a dramatic change as long as Intel doesn't do something about it. And it's a shame, because some people spend private time on this, just to make sure that the rest of us don't feel complete idiots for buying GMA 500. And they are not obliged to.

fly

Re: PixieLive Linux on Fit-PC

Post by fly »

lucazade wrote:PixieLive ships the driver we've fixed for Karmic (with some wrong settings), so old xserver and old kernel.

Return to “Other Linux distributions”