Power-fail default to 640x480x16color with HDMI TV off

Jim

Power-fail default to 640x480x16color with HDMI TV off

Post by Jim »

Hello,

Have my Fit-PC2 configured on my LAN as a 24/7 music/browser server - display is my Panasonic plasma HDTV at 1920x1080p resolution on the HDMI2 input, and audio output to my A/V receiver. Works great.

But if power fails, even briefly, and the Fit-PC2 shuts down, it will reboot to 640x480x16colors. Turning on the TV to manage it, right-clicking Properties/Settings doesn't even present other resolution/color options.

The workaround is to turn on the TV and AVR first, then reboot the Fit-PC2, after which it seems fine.

So it seems no matter the video settings configured on the Fit-PC2, if the HDMI hi-res TV isn't powered on and connected, it will reboot to the lowest possible video quality after power fail.

Is there any way around this? A setting I'm missing? It would be great to simply press the On button to restart the Fit-PC2 after a power failure without having to fire up the whole HDTV system. I mostly manage the Fit-PC2 over my LAN with VNC rather than directly.

I'm planning to add a UPS to power the computer; that should take care of it, but I've never seen this behavior with other PCs.

Thanks for any insights.

irads

Re: Power-fail default to 640x480x16color with HDMI TV off

Post by irads »

I'm not sure there is an easy workaround for that. The display driver negotiates supported resolutions during boot, and attempts to set it to a fixed resolution when there is no display has not been successful so far.

Return to “Display driver”