startup hkcmd, igfxtray

sanitizer

startup hkcmd, igfxtray

Post by sanitizer »

I search all the forum using this forum's "search" function but it seems doesn't find anywhere.

Everytime I install the latest graphic driver(GMA500), I had a problem with annoying popup at the startup hkcmd, igfxtray, persistence thread.
Not only in Windows XP but also in Windows 7!! Plus I had 2 of fit pc2.

Yeah I know I can disable it via msconfig, but come on. If I had more than 1 of your product, isn't it troublesome to correct all the settings on each computer?

Sorry for my errand.

yogev_ezra

Re: startup hkcmd, igfxtray

Post by yogev_ezra »

It is because of Windows XP SP3 security settings.
You downloaded the file via internet, so it's considered "Unsafe".
If you uncheck the "Unsafe" checkbox when it pops up the first time, it will not disturb you anymore.
I am still checking how to make it automatic, but unfortunately I did not come up with a solution yet.

yogev_ezra

Re: startup hkcmd, igfxtray

Post by yogev_ezra »

I have found a solution finally:

1) Download "Streams" utility from SysInternals:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 97440.aspx
I have also attached it to this post. The tool is legit, don't worry - SysInternals was purchased by Microsoft a while ago ;)

2) Unzip the tool and copy the EXE file to the folder where you extracted the GMA500 driver (*BEFORE* you run SETUP.EXE).

3) Go to your command line (Start -> Run -> cmd) and type "cd <folder>" where <folder> is the location of the extracted GMA500 driver.

4) Once in that folder, type "streams -d -s *.*". It will run for a while and display notifications like "Zone bit .... blah... cleared". After it's done, you may run SETUP.EXE and not worry about those pop-up messages anymore.
Attachments
Streams.zip
(44.2 KiB) Downloaded 486 times

Return to “Display driver”