View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 wifi card for value 

Post wifi card for value
Looks like you are using a wifi card based on the rtl8188 chip (AzureWave AW NB057H). I have had continued problems with the driver for this wifi chip in Ubuntu (delays and hangs when SSHing). I think I posted about my issues on the fitPC3 where it also was crashing the OS. To solve my problem on the fitPC3, I changed to a different wifi card.

I have had similar delays and hangs with my new [stock] fitPC4 as I had with the fitPC3 and the rtl8188 card.

When I ordered the fitPC4, I thought the spec had the AzureWave NB087H card. The spec now shows NB057H. Perhaps you changed or perhaps I misread. In any case, I purchased an NB087H to try. It is based on the Ralink RT3290 chip and (it seems) a different driver. I have had no problems (yet) with this card.

Perhaps this helps someone with a similar issue.

In case you are interested, I am using Ubuntu 13.10 or 14.04, wpa_supplicant (WPA2-PSK-CCMP+TKIP).

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:41 am
Post Re: wifi card for value
fit-PC4 Value uses the same module as fit-PC3.
fit-PC4 Pro uses dual band Intel module (the same as used in IPC2).

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 am

Thanks for the info.
But that's confusing to me.
I have a fp3 pro linux, fp3 diskless, fp3 barebone and a fp4 value. As you know, the fp3 barebone did not come with a wifi card, but the others did. The wifi card I took out of the fp3 pro linux and the fp3 diskless is a Q802XRN5B. That matches the card listed in your fp3 specification page. The card I took out of the fp4 value is a AzureWave AW-NB057H. That matches your fp4 specification page. They are not the same brand/model. They are, however, based on the same RTL8188 chipset. Perhaps that's what you meant by "same".

Each time I have tried an RTL8188 based wifi card, I have issues - ping, ssh, etc. I even purchased an HP branded RTL8188 wifi card that had same issues. So I have been searching for a wifi card that does not give me problems. The AzureWave NB087H (87 not 57) is based on the Ralink chip and seems to work well. I have not tried the Intel module used in the pc4 Pro. I tried an Intel 5100 that worked - but had a surface mount chip on the bottom that interfered with the hold down.

Thanks.
David

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 am
Oh, definitely, you're right. My mistake.
fit-PC3 module is Qcom, while fit-PC4 Value is AzureWave.

Sun May 11, 2014 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]