IPC3 BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 10:23, 16 August 2017 by Maxim (Created page with "The following procedure suitable IPC3 computers equipped with Intel Core gen 7 (KabyLake) processors.<br> == BIOS update procedure == # Download the latest from IPC3 BIOS f...")
The following procedure suitable IPC3 computers equipped with Intel Core gen 7 (KabyLake) processors.
BIOS update procedure
- Download the latest from IPC3 BIOS files.
- Extract the image file from the archive.
- Prepare bootable USB flash drive:
- Windows users - use Win32DiskImager utility: Win32DiskImager
- Linux users:
- Run this command to figure out what device name was assigned to the USB drive: $ ls -all /dev/disk/by-id/
- Assuming the USB drive was detected as /dev/sdx write the image on it by typing: $ sudo dd if=filename.img of=/dev/sdx bs=1MB
- Boot IPC3 from the USB Flash.
- Press F7 key for BIOS boot menu, choose "Build-in EFI Shell" option.
- Switch to USB flash drive file system by fs0: command.
- Run update.nsh. If the BIOS version is IPC3K.XYN.0.25.0 follow IPC3 BIOS recovery procedure.
- After the update IPC3 will reboot automatically.