IPC2 Haswell BIOS update
From fit-PC wiki
The following procedure suitable IPC2 computers equipped with Intel Core gen 4 (Haswell) processors.
Suitable for all OS: Windows 7/8, Linux in non-UEFI mode.
BIOS update procedure
- Download the latest IPC2 Haswell BIOS ROM files
- Extract archive content to root of USB Flash formatted FAT32.
- Insert USB flash into IPC2 HSW and power it on.
- Boot IPC2 HSW into "Internal Shell" ("UEFI Boot" should be enabled in Boot Features menu of BIOS Setup) press F5 during boot.
- Update will start automatically, follow instructions on the screen.
Old BIOS versions update procedure
- Prepare bootable USB flash drive:
- Windows users - use Win32DiskImager utility: Win32DiskImager
- Linux users:
- Run this command to figure out what device name was assigned to the USB drive: $ ls -all /dev/disk/by-id/
- Assuming the USB drive was detected as /dev/sdx write the image on it by typing: $ sudo dd if=filename.img of=/dev/sdx bs=1MB
- Boot IPC2 from the USB Flash.
- When boots up into FreeDOS command line run: BIOS_UPD.bat and wait for it's completion without errors.
- After the system will boot again into FreeDOS command line run: ME_LOCK.bat and wait for it's completion without errors.
- Wait until message "Please disconnect this system from power for 15 sec for completion".
- Power cycle the computer.