Fitlet3: BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
- This page provides instructions for updating the BIOS on fitlet3.
* We recommend updating the BIOS if the system is unstable or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update carries a risk of bricking the system. Therefore, adhere strictly to the steps outlined in this guide.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with BIOS Updater Package
- Connect the USB Flash Drive (UFD) to the host computer and format it to FAT32 file system
- Download and extract the latest fitlet3 BIOS ready package
- Copy the extracted files to the formatted UFD
- Disconnect the prepared UFD and connect it to the target fitlet3 unit.
Updating the BIOS
- Power on the fitlet3 unit.
- Press the F7 key during the boot until the "Select boot device" menu appears (it may take a while).
- Select the UFD on the menu and press ENTER.
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell. The automatic script will start after 5 seconds countdown.
Note: Do not press ESC during the countdown.
- The BIOS flashing process will begin.
- Follow on-screen instructions
- Upon first boot, enter the BIOS menu by pressing the Del or Esc key, navigate to the "Save & Exit" page, and select the "Restore Defaults" setting.
- The first boot after the BIOS update might take a long time and several restarts.
- For Windows users only:
- If after the BIOS update, the new undefined devices will appear in the Device Manager.
- Please install the PSE drivers: