Fitlet2: BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 07:58, 10 October 2018 by Tamir
- This page contains information of how to update the fitlet2's firmware.
* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step.
The following procedure suitable fitlet2 computers equipped with Intel ApolloLake processors.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with BIOS Updater
- Connect your USB Flash Drive (UFD) to your computer and format it to FAT32 file system
- Download and extract the Bios Updater package.
The package contains the following files:
- Copy the extracted files to the prepared UFD
- Download the fitlet2 BIOS file
- Copy the BIOS file to the root directory on the prepared UFD
- Connect the prepared UFD to the target fitlet2 and power up
- Press the DEL key during the boot until the BIOS Setup appears
- Browse to the Save & Exit menu
- Click on the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device option
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell and after 4 seconds the automatic script will start
- Please do not press ESC while the countdown
- The script will find the Storage Device with BIOS update application
- Type the following command: flash flt2.bin and press the Enter key
- The BIOS flashing process will start
- When the process ends and the prompt line appears, type the command: reset and press the Enter key.