Airtop BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with BIOS Updater
- Connect your USB Flash Drive to your computer and format it using FAT32.
- Download and extract Bios Updater package.
The package contains the following files:
- Copy the extracted files to the formatted USB Flash Drive.
- Download the BIOS file.
- Copy the BIOS file to the root directory on the USB Flash Drive.
- Connect the prepared USB flash Drive to the Airtop and boot.
- Press F5 during the boot until the One Time Boot menu appears.
- Choose the Internal Shell boot option.
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell and after 4 seconds the automatic script will start.
- The script will find the Storage Device with BIOS update application.
- Type the following command: flash artp.cap.
- The BIOS flashing process will start.
- When the process ends, the system will reboot automatically.
During BIOS update "FW Status Recovery Error" warning message may appear. * It is minor warning that does not affect the system, and BIOS was updated successfully. * To remedy this message need to power off the Airtop and press RTC_RST button. Then adjust the time in BIOS or OS.