it would be good to adapt the fit pc2 to bad condition ...

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
kerg

it would be good to adapt the fit pc2 to bad condition ...

Post by kerg »

I think that the main interest of this very small pc is that we can carry it easily everywhere. So it would be a good improvement if it could be used in very bad situations : dust, rain, ...
I hope that the next version of fit pc will be waterproof. I think the connectors should be fixed on the case instead to be solder on the mainboard ... and be waterproof. It would allow at the same time to improve the protection of the main parts against the mecanical shocks.

Beside this the I think the look would be better if the coners of the case would be more round. ;)

irads

Re: it would be good to adapt the fit pc2 to bad condition ...

Post by irads »

A waterproof design will significantly increase the product price and size.

Since you will not be operating the fit-PC2 when carried around you can get away with a sealed sandwitch bag - fit-PC2 is about the size of a sandwitch.

The design is a matter of taste...

SPF

Re: it would be good to adapt the fit pc2 to bad condition ...

Post by SPF »

On the fit-pc2 boxing it says:
FIT-PC2 IS IDEAL FOR:
- Home Theatre PC
- Security and home automation
- Desktop Replacement
- Thin Client
- 24/7 Server
- Car PC

Well, it would be nice to have it in a car. But what about in the winter? If it's freezing in the car, wouldn't that damage the fit-pc2?
And what about in the summer? If you do not have a weather control system inside, the fit-pc2 might get too hot and shutdown.

I don't know if in casing it would help protect it against these dangers.

Return to “Wish list”