Does shipping really take over a month?

MicahZoltu

Does shipping really take over a month?

Post by MicahZoltu »

I just ordered an Airtop-G. While I recognized going into this purchase that I wasn't going to get my usual Amazon Prime 2-day delivery, I was quite surprised when I received the email saying that it will take up to 4-weeks to *prepare* my device. I'm assuming another week for shipping on top of that. What are other user's experience with regards to actual shipping time? If it is going to be over a month before it arrives I'll probably cancel my order and buy something else off New Egg or Amazon instead.

I'm quite surprised by this timeline especially since I was charged over $100 in "shipping" fees. I really would expect pretty quick delivery with those kind of shipping costs (again, comparing to Amazon where I get free shipping in a week). I recognize that the computer needs to be assembled, but its not like there are a million options to choose from and each one needs to be hand crafted my an expert.

ipc14

Re: Does shipping really take over a month?

Post by ipc14 »

From my experience

25 days from order to ship.
2 days for shipping
27 days to fully deliver from original order.

Most of the time was spent processing and building it.

The "shipping" fees are reasonable if you're in the US.
The Airtop is pretty heavy and it needs to be transported a good fair distance ;)

irads

Post by irads »

Thank you for the feedback.
Please be advised that some Airtop models can be purchased through Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_4_ ... 1489396230

MicahZoltu

Post by MicahZoltu »

I looked into purchasing on Amazon, but the top-end `G` model isn't available (GTX 1060, 32GB, 1TB, i7 5775). The best on there is GTX 950, 16GB, 256GB, i7.

Return to “General Airtop questions”